"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Why must it be so hard?

We are starting our 18th week from referral waiting to get our children.

The final police investigation was supposed to be done the middle of last week but I heard on Friday it was not completed. This puts us even more behind schedule. On top of it Vietnam is being hit with Typhoon Lekima and they are experiencing the worst flooding in 20 years. http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/07/2053010.htm?section=justin I feel for the people of my childrens birth country and pray that my children will be safe until I can get to them. Do you see why I have problems sleeping every night? How can I sleep if I do not know if my own children are safe? I worry about them constantly. What if they have to evacuate and the caregiver forgets them or doesn't notice they are missing? Parents are suppose to protect their children. I have no way to protect mine. Vietnam is getting hit with a typhoon and I have to sit here and wait for some official to tell me all is clear with some paperwork.

The world of International adoption is so messed up. All I am trying to do is adopt 2 orphans. Why must it be so HARD?

No comments: