"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Follow your heart and your dreams will come true."




June 7th I got a call on my cell phone from JJH. The family was at Walmart shopping. I had promised to take my picky 12 year old out clothes shopping at Kohls after Walmart. JJH said she had the remaining paper work for the babies and could offer us the refferrals if I could fax her a gazillion papers. Of course she could not send photos or the actual referrals until she had those papers. We did not expect to hear from her so soon. It was a shopping trip at Walmart I will always remember.Kind of like that movie "Where the heart Is", I feel like I gave birth right in the middle of Walmart that day.

My Husband and I parted ways and promised to meet back at the house in an hour to start faxing. We needed to see those babies tonight. We could not wait one more minute. It was like enduring a long birth and nobody letting you see them afterwards.

I was on cloud nine as I rushed my Daughter through the fastest shopping trip ever. I could not believe this was happening. Just a few months ago we almost signed with an agency that was quoting 8-12 months. So glad I found JJH and fell in love with her shining personality. We clicked immediately.

At home we faxed all the papers, but could not reach JJH. I can always reach her. Why not on this night?? I must have called her 50 times that night. We tried until 11:30 EST and then the rest of the family gave up and went to bed. I could not stand to wait. Finally at midnight Jenn told me she did not get faxes and I resent it. Still nothing. I refreshed my email a zillion times. I woke up at 1:30 in the morning with my laptop on my belly.I had dozed off like this. I refreshed one more time and there they were. Everybody was sleeping and I did not know what to do. I wanted us to all experience this moment together. The moment when we first saw their darling faces. The moment I had dreamed about so often.I could not wake them and I could not stand to wait. I decided I would only glance at the medicals and make sure things looked okay. Every thing looked wonderful and I was so surprised by their birth weights and height. I was told to expect little babies, but these babies were bigger then any of my bio kids. I could no longer stand it and I had to see them . I will never forget that moment lying in bed at 1:30 in the morning and seeing their faces for the first time. The emotions absolutely overwhelmed me. I felt such pride and love and happiness all at once. I could not have personally picked 2 children more suited for us. One look and I knew I had found my children. All the way around the world. Our destiny!! I knew we had finally found our way to each other. It was a miracle. A true miracle .

All of you who are waiting just have faith that your children or child meant for you will find their way home to you. Do not question the process, Just have faith!!

No comments: