"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Monday, September 24, 2007

We have News

Well I finally have news. Not good news,but news. I really don't know if I should go into detail because I have been asked "NOT TO DISCOURAGE" the masses. We have been told to HOPE to hear positive news about travel in about 3 weeks or so. Yes,I did say another 3 weeks until I even have a possibility of getting a travel call. So about POSSIBLY 5 weeks until I even have a chance of seeing my children. Notice that is only a possible time line. That will be 21 weeks post referral for me. I have to say I am VERY disappointed. To quote the email " Although this can happen to anyone, it is unusual, and it is unfortunate that it happened to you." Yup, SUCKS to be me.



P.S. Please keep the prayers coming. Miracles can always happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will agree with you. This sucks. I am sorry. I think many of us read the success stories in the wait and have looked at folks like Kate (and now you) as the odd ducks. But this does happen and it absolutely sucks when it does.

Virtual hug and a big virtual shot of something strong from me!

Julie said...

Heather, I am so sorry to hear your update. You are right, it royally sucks!

I'll second Nicole's thoughts and send big hugs and lots of wine your direction!

You are in my thoughts!
Julie

R&H said...

Ugh! I completely feel for you. We are looking at about 6 months from referral to travel (what orphanage is your baby in btw??) It's so frusting and so very hard when I see such young babies coming home only a few weeks after referral and knowing that our baby will be a year old at best when we get her. I do believe that a year from now we'll hardly remember the wait, and would do it a hundred times over to receive these amazing beautiful babies. Everything will work out.

Dawn said...

I am so sorry that this is happening to you! I hope that you get some SOLID answers in 3 weeks, or less. Please know that we are all thinking of you and praying for the quick reunion with your babies!

Anonymous said...

I hear you. It has been only a little over 2 months that we got our referral and I am already going crazy. Here's hoping you will have good news soon!