"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Friday, September 07, 2007

Waiting For The Call

I have (on the occasion few)

Spent languid moments focusing

On one infernal bane of lift

The phone that simply will not ring!

As icy glare I cast its way

And on its silence pondering

I put my present life "on hold"

Just waiting for the phone to ring.


Oh hideous friend! \Your silence screams

And in its lack of thundering

My ears strain ever harder for

The music of your precious ring.


In China far my babe awaits

I'll fly to her on silvered wing

The minute that I get the call

Oh God! Why won't the damned thing ring?


And now again I go to bed

Yet even in my sleep I cling

To hope that I'll be waked tonight

When at long last, the phone will ring.

-Debbie Bodie

No comments: