"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Sunday, September 02, 2007

“If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.”

There have been two G&R ceremonies in the past month and nobody thought to take pictures for us waiting parents. It has been over a month since I have seen my children. Our last set of pictures were at the end of July. I do not know how much they have grown or how they have changed. Did my daughters beautiful dark hair grow back? Did my sons cheeks fill out more? Has my Daughter decided it's time to show Mommy her beautiful smile? Don't they know that we live for these things? That this is pure torture to a Mother.


I did not expect in the month of September to be thinking about these things. I expected to be home from Vietnam and loving my new children. I expected to be heading into fall,my favorite time of year, with my new children at my side. To have no worries and the bright future ahead of us. No more lost time to make up for. No more missing precious moments of their lives. I expected to wake up and be able to look into their smiles faces for the rest of my days. I did not expect to be still WAITING!!!

1 comment:

Michelle and Peter said...

Maybe you will get travel news soon and be able to see the real thing no pictures needed. I bet they can't wait to be in your arms.

Michelle