"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Potty time

Picked up the two potties I ordered today. 21 months and officially potty training twins. We had an afternoon of watching Potty Power and Potty time (Much to the dismay of the teenagers). They were very excited about the potties and can both say potty.The understand the concept because, with twins, I have not used the potty once by myself since they came home. A couple months ago Meliah started getting the toilet paper ready for me. We set the potties up in the bathroom and had a go at it. They both enjoyed sitting on the potties but nothing. I decided to read then a few books. About halfway through the second book I hear a potty say " Congratulations you went potty". I was like, no way, it must have malfunctioned. I have them stand up and Khai's potty is full of peepee. We do a potty dance,high five,scream and jump around like idiots. He got a cool sticker and then went to find his Daddy. I sat with Meliah for quite some time but she started losing interest and playing with the potty pots. In the meantime Khai went into the kitchen and dropped 18 eggs on the floor. While I was dealing with this Meliah was still in the bathroom, diaperless, playing with the potties. I decide potty time is over and go to the bathroom to put diaper on Meliah and step in a puddle in front of the potties. Turns out Meliah went potty also, just not in the right spot. I struggle with if this really potty training when she pees on the floor in front of the potties? Do I give her a sticker? HUMMM.


P.S. Sorry no pictures, I didn't feel visuals would be needed for this post;)

1 comment:

Meg and Ava said...

Oyyy - two at once. It sounds like a pretty successful lesson on potty training to me! I have struggled with how to reward the effort versus he action... So now it is one sticker for effort and two for action. Day care lets them ring a bell - that my be a cheaper alternative... I have not tried it yet.