"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A challenge for you

Just wanted to post here an email I just sent out. Have a great weekend. Here it is:


I don't have but a few seconds but I wanted to make sure to put out a post today. I have a graduation party to attend today and while out and about this morning was thinking about things. I know my life and views have changed since I traveled to Vietnam and picked up my beautiful children; I consider the change positive and for the better. I am a more compassionate human being who considers every move before she makes it. Every creature comfort I encounter I find myself thinking about how fortunate I am and how people all over the world just struggle for food and clean water to drink everyday. How did I end up here and they end up their? I am not sure but it could have easily been me and I always remember that.

Every time I go to the store or think about going out to dinner or buying a cup of coffee I think about these struggling people (mostly children in my thoughts) all over the world. I think about the instant gratification I will get but that will be over in moments and how if I would take that 5 or 10 dollars instead and give it to a struggling child it might mean the difference between life and death for them. Sometimes to think like this before every move can appear to be a huge burden but I consider it a blessing that my heart has been opened to this struggling all over the world and I might be able to make a difference.

I have a challenge for people this weekend. Please think about what I said and when you go to indulge in that $5 cup of coffee think about where you will get more gratification. I promise giving to a needy family will stay in your heart a lot longer then that coffee will stay in your stomach.


I hope you all have a great weekend.

Heather

No comments: