"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!






This is our second halloween together but first year of good old fashioned USA trick or treating. Last year on Halloween was our 1st full day as a family. I remember a lot of adjusting going on. We had our hands full and knew it. I dragged 2 halloween costumes all the way to Vietnam from the states and neither one got worn for even 2 seconds. Meliah and Khai would not let us put them down for 2 seconds much less dress them up in stupid costumes.


This year was great. They both were very grumpy when we first dressed them. Meliah tried to rip her tinkerbell costume off and Khai refused to put on his dinosaur hood. Oh fun!! They both were grumpy the whole time I was trying to take pictures and clinging to us for dear life. I never did get a good picture of them all together. Finally Meliah started to adjust but when I tried to put her in the stroller she was having none of it. I finally dug out the old Moby sling that we have not used in forever. It felt like Vietnam all over again (I carried Meliah for night and day in this sling in Vietnam). Khai still was not in a good mood so Dad said they would catch up. I had to carry Meliah a whole mile around the block in the sling. She snuggled all up and was asleep by the third house. The sleeping tinkerbell was so cute. Khai never did catch up with us but went out with his MomMom. She said he jumped right in the stroller and had a ball. No grumping. It was a good night and the kids eventually had a blast.





2 comments:

Karen said...

They look so good! Isn't it funny how you can get VN flash backs every now & then?

taylorchloejake said...

OH my gosh they are so beautiful! Now I have another blog to follow.:P Thanks for leaving a comment and I'll be sure to send you the password.