"Take an action each day that alleviates suffering in the world. Bring light into darkness."
-Angeles Arrien


Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
--- Richard Bach

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody [to no one]
--Mother Teresa


We were not separated at your birth.
It was the moment at which we began our journey toward each other
.
-Nancy McGuire Roche

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Adoption By Accident

So funny and true. Who would have known how HARD an adoption could be. Not for the faint of heart. It seemed like it would be sooo easy. I want a child(children) ,they need a family . What else??

Don't we wish it could be this easy!!


Adoption by Accident

--Honey, sit down. I have some news for you.
--What is it?
--Well, I don't know how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I went out to the mailbox today and ... well, we got an I-171H.
--A what?!? An I-171H? As in, we're going to have another baby?!?
--It looks that way.
--But how? We've been so careful! I put away all the blank I-600A forms. Didn't you hide our homestudy update?
--Of course I did. But don't forget, there was that one night ...
--What night? (Pauses) Oh, that night. But it was only once. We were just messing around. I didn't print clearly. I didn't even use ink! (Pauses again) But it was kind of fun.
--(Giggles) it was, wasn't it? I'll never forget how cute you looked getting your fingerprints.
--So now we've got our I-171H, eh? But that doesn't always mean you'll adopt, does it? I mean, shouldn't you see the agency or something, make sure everything's okay?
--I already did.
--And?
--I'm five documents along.
--Five documents! And they're all notarized, certified and authenticated okay?
--Just great. There was one small scare when the agency couldn't see the notary's middle initial, but it showed up just fine under the magnifying glass.
--Thank God. And you honey? Are you feeling okay?
--I'm feeling fine. As long as I know you're happy about this.
--Happy? I'm thrilled! It's always a shock at first when something like this happens, but of course I'm happy!


Thanks Dawn

No comments: